Friday, June 13, 2008

Yay for Kristin!

So yesterday marked Kristin's 3 year anniversary for living in the Dominican Republic! How wonderful! It is inspiring. Yesterday morning, Danny and I went back to the offices again and finished the inventory on the medicines! Finally! Now we can start counting them out into ziplock bags for distribution at the medical clinics. For a little fun last night, Kristin, Ruth, and I went to see "Prince Caspian" at the local theater. It was an awesome movie and we really enjoyed ourselves. The girls were the loudest in the theater; which was pretty easy considering that there was only 6 movie goers and I think the Dominicans didn't really get the humor because they were reading the spanish subtitles. While we were out, Lily, Greg, and Danny made a wonderful little feast in honor of Kristin for when we returned! They even picked up some ice-cream for dessert! After dinner we played some Dominoes which is impressively confusing but I'm slowly (emphasis on slowly) getting the jist of it all. I woke up this morning pretty early around 7am and am just lounging right now. I might be going to a Haitian batey called Barahona for the weekend, but I'm still not sure. Lily needs to go for a medical needs assessment and Danny is going for a water assessment. So if they need help there I will, but we still aren't exactly sure yet. We'll I know this is short and all, but it is still only 8:40 and I don't think my brain is fully functioning yet despite the fact that I have been up for almost 2 hours! But hey! I'm still in my 20's aren't I allowed to be this way!!??? Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Dios te bendiga.
Leah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah-
    We just returned from a wonderful service at Woodside. I was so excited to see your name in the bulletin and find out about your blog. It sounds as if you are having a terrific time in the DR and really using this time to reflect on your relationship with God. I will pray for you to continue on this path. Your posts are a refreshing reminder of what our priorities should be. God Bless!
    Joanna Vaughn

    ReplyDelete