Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday's are amazing...

I'm going to post a quick little thing while I watch a movie today! This morning we woke up and got ready to go to a Methodist church down the street a bit. I even got to wear dress pants! The church was very nice with an awesome praise band. They even had a powerpoint presentation up with the lyrics and sermon so I could follow along easily. After church we came home and I learned how to make jugo de chinola *it is officially my favorite thing to drink here. It is just passion fruit and today we mixed it with frozen strawberries!* Then kristin and I made homemade bread. While it was rising we watched Spanglish *good movie*. When the movie was over we made stromboli, rolls, and cinnamon rolls with the homemade bread! Hey Ma' I can finally cook! I'm enjoying the day of rest after such a long day of work yesterday. I think it is well needed for all the people here. Well, that is all for now! I'm going to walk across the street to the local colmado and grab a drink! Until next time.
Leah

5 comments:

  1. hola chica! it is awesome to be able to follow your mission work in this fashion! i miss you but am so happy to hear the joy in your words, in your heart. chris was at higher ground last night and it was the senior recognition sunday. our closing song was "salt and light" and it was rocking fast and loud! as i clapped i thought of you because you ARE salt and light. YOU ARE AN AMZING CHILD OF GOD LEAH! give kristin, greg and ruth big hugs for me-- can't wait to see you-
    dios te bendiga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checkin in - good posts!
    love you
    beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hot stuff, it is good to hear that you're having lots of fun & doing well. I miss you here in Yardley! Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you & of course I didn't forget about finding your blog link.

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally wish i was drinking your new drink of choice! lmfao! cant wait til i get my butt down to the DR and then i'll finally have a picture in my head to go with your stories!! isn't it so much better when you're living down there and not just temp. staying for a week??!!
    home is well home.. still applying for jobs hehehe.. you were prayed for in church last night ( in a good way.. ya know safe trip, do gods work, have fun, etc ) .. and before i end this i figured a stupid m.h. story for you to shake your head at.. i was in my car the other day when i decided i didnt like my shorts so i braked and somehow in my head the braking made me think i actually stopped and put the car in park so i hop out of the car while keys are still in it and its still in reverse and take a few steps and then go oh crap car going backwards in driveway and literally hop into my slowly moving car and shove it in park and turn it off =) .. hehehe thats me for ya! lots of love and luck girl!
    <3 <3 <3 see ya in a month!
    Love,
    Horton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah, it is so great to read your blog and hear of all your adventures in the DR! I hope you have a wonderful day. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete