Friday, June 27, 2008

The Group Is Here!

Hello Again!
Today I just wanted to stop by and drop a line with an update. The Woodside Presby/Titusville Presby groups have arrived in the Dominican Republic! I'm sorry I haven't been able to post anything in awhile, but this have been pretty crazy down here. The last few days before the groups arrived consisted of pill counting and labeling parties in prep. for the 12 medical clinics we will be having this summer! Praise the Lord! When the group got here our days got even more hectic, but we are all so happy everyone arrived safely and in good spirits! The first two days of construction in San Miguel have been very productive! So far we have demolished an entire shell of a house, dug trenches for where the water lines will be laid, tied and cut rebar (excuse my spelling), and unloaded 4 truck loads of cinder block! Our group this year consists of some of THE hardest workers I have ever seen! Everyone really motivates one another to keep on trucking through the day no matter how many rocks we run into! Saturday we will have another long day of construction which is looking like it will consist of lots of cement mixing, block laying, sweat, dirt, and dust. Everyone keeps saying in large group how thankful we all are for the overwhelming support we have all received from our family, friends, and church family! We couldn't have done all of this without the support, especially the prayers! Thank you all! I will try and update more often. Again, I apologize for the long delay! If you have any prayer concerns or joys or anything at all..(shout outs to loved ones in the D.R.) just let me know! Drop a comment or you can always email me at: tua28465@temple.edu and we will keep you in our prayers! We miss everyone and wish you could all be here to experience this with us! Start planning and praying for next summer! Talk to you soon!
Dios te bendiga,
Leah

1 comment:

  1. Hi LEAH!!!!!!!! I am so upset that I can not be there with everyone this week. My surgery went well and recovery is going well but I would much rather be lifting mas cubos with all of you. Please say hello to everyone and tell them I am sending my prayers and love. I expect to hear all the rave reviews after VBS!!!! Hello to all my friends in San Miguel!!! I miss you all!!!! Please remind Dan that he needws to bring back an avocado - it will help my recovery greatly!!! lOVE YA, kIM

    ReplyDelete