Saturday, June 7, 2008

Eat When You Can...Day Three!

Hello again!
Last night after I wrote Greg invited me to go to a local church for a prayer group. I was pretty nervous about the idea, but it turned out to be an amazing experience. I have never participated in a prayer group like this before. We spend over two hours praying for each other, reading scripture, and having discussions. It was exactly what I needed. I woke up this morning feeling very close to God. It is hard for me to explain and I believe that until one experiences anything like it they might not understand being. It is such a personal thing that varies greatly from person to person.
So today was one of those typical Dominican days where we were supposed to do one thing and did something entirely different. One really needs to be able to go with the flow down here. Kristin woke us up about 830 this morning for a quick breakfast of fresh mango and (Liz is going to love this one) Mini Spooners with vanilla flavored milk (which was bought by accident and is super super sweet. I was tempted to water it down.) After breakfast we hopped in the soccer- mom van and went to work at about 9. We arrived at the Presby. offices to organize more clothes, meds. , and donations. Today a local pastor was supposed to bring a truck for all the meds at around 12, but being the D.R., 12 o'clock really means 2pm and of course the truck would be way to small to fit all the meds and we ended up having to do two trips. So needless to say our day which was supposed to end at maybe 3pm, ended at 10pm. We spent the entire day lifting heaving boxes, of medicine. I was hot, sticky, sweaty, and dirty but not tired all day. It was amazing to be able to do that! I feel great after such a long day! Yay! Ruth just got here I will write more later! Miss you all! Love you!
Dios te bendiga.
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment